Monday, January 26, 2009

Reunion Dinner 2009

I mastered all my courage to join the Ngiams for the Reunion Dinner this year. It'll be so different without Regina around... Every reunion dinner (when I was in Singapore) was spent with the Ngiams and with Gina and I buying and preparing the food. Guess this was why they opt to eat out this year!

I was fighting back my tears when I hugged her daughter Jayne but the tears just kept streaming down my face... Brendan stopped me from crying as i had vowed never to cry in front of my son again.

We had dinner at Imperial Court Shark's Fin Restaurant, yes I know, i had also said that i will 'boycott' eating shark's fin... :) am glad my bowl had more sea cucumber (which i really dislike!!) than fins, couldn't even tasted a fin!

We had an early dinner, dinner was at 5pm, after dinner we decided to proceed to Changi Airport Terminal 3 for coffee and tea. Bren fell asleep in the car on the way there, he was exhausted!

We had coffee and tea @ Ya Kun, shopped around till it was about 10pm before heading home to invite the God of Fortune into our house.

How do you invite the God of Fortune into your house?

-Open all the windows and doors in your house
-Turn on every single light in the house
-Prepare a spread of goodies for the God of Fortune to feast on
-Prepare a bowl of rice with chopsticks
-Prepare a drink (tea, juice...)

Gong Xi Fa Cai!! May the year of the Ox be a good year for all!! May this year usher in health, prosperity and happiness for all!!

1 comment:

Mamabliss said...

Hello I stumble upon your blog and wanted to invite you to join the fun in giveaway that I am hosting in my blog http://lilhandmadesbymamabliss.blogspot.com/2009/02/chic-giveaway.html