Sunday, November 16, 2008

Thanksgiving Fundraiser



Taiwan has a policy/law that if nobody sponsors a stray after 10 or 20 days(am unsure, will check), the animal has to be put to sleep. If you have been to Animals Taiwan, you'll be against that policy too!!

You see 2 legged or 3 legged dogs with such enthusiasm for life that puts many beings to shame!! How can we possibly deprive them of a chance to live or take that chance away from them?? It's cruel and really unkind!!

As a single individual, there are limitations to what I can do so I thought of a fundraiser to raise some money to help these animals at AT.


And of cos, a fundrasier would NOT be possible if not for the help of other wonderful volunteers, animal lover supporters and our sponsors for food and of cos, Hell's Kitchen!!


After thoughts:

I was kinda disappointed with the turn out, I expected more people as alot more RSVP!! But there were a couple of other major events going on that day in Taipei city; the blues bash, 90s nite...etc. Next time, we'll just sell the tickets in advance!! I had been on my feet since 2pm, never have I heard my name called more often in 1 night than ever!! (I wanted to dig a hole in the ground and bury myself...) At 12am, I was just exhausted... could hardly kept my eyes open and couldn't even drink another sip of beer...

Well... We raised $20,400ntd on door sales and $4,301 with donations so a total of $24,701ntd.

Well done everyone!!

*Pictures to come later~~

No comments: