Sunday, October 26, 2008

TAS Food Fair


It's the annual International Food Fair at Taipei American School (TAS), it also coincides with the city playgroup's Halloween Party! Being the glut that I am, of cos I had opted to go to the food fair afterall it's been marked on my calendar for ages already!!

And besides... we don't really celebrate Halloween, though I did think of having a party this year and have ordered some stuff from the states BUT they have not arrived yet.

Off to the fair we go...

As usual, it was superpacked!! I stopped by the M'sian booth and picked up some dried shrimp rolls, curry puff and prawn crackers then a familiar flag caught my eye, Singapore!! I HAD to have some Singapore food!! Laksa or chicken rice?? Since I had to share with lil B, I picked the chicken rice. All the selections and only 1 stomach!! Arrrggghh...

We made our way inside to see what other options there were...



Germany, Russia, France, Sweden... wait a min, isn't this the restaurant who doe not welcome kids to the restaurant? So won't this be the only place to taste their food unless we leave the lil ones at home?? Swedish meatballs and lingoberry sauce coming right up!! Ok... I couldn't fit any more food 'onto' the stroller, we definitely had to eat some of these first.




Thai, Hongkong...oooohh... char siew pao!! Japan... Yum! Sushi!! Where're my friends? Why did they have to go to the party?? How can I eat everything??

I've never tasted more delicious meatballs than these 3 tiny ones on my plate!! The gravy was just... ummmm... will definitely have to get a nanny to babysit Bren while this glut Mama goes pig out at the Swedish restaurant! And the fantastic news? They've moved closer to home! Yay!!


Italian, Pizza, Mexican... there is our pretty lil Amiga, Rocio!! Guacamole sold out! :( Have to try one of those authentic Mexican burritos and nachos with salsa!! Yummmmm...

All this while, lil B has been most patient with Mama as Mama had 'bribed' him with rides... :) But his patience is running out, so it was his turn for fun!


We stopped by AT's booth to say hi and to pet some dogs. Then Bren played toss the balls into the pool, I was worried that he might go in to take a lil dip! Then we went to play some marbles, ride the train and went fishing.






Alot of the food was gone after all the rides and play but we managed to get some ice cream. And lil B got to bounce around in the bouncy castle!!




Why is it only an annual event? Why can't they have it every semester?? Can't wait for the next one!! (Mama's thoughts aloud)

No comments: