Friday, August 01, 2008

School Talk

So Larry comes home one day and ask,

"Hey, what school are we gonna send Brendan to? Fushing or xxx (can't remember the name)??
I looked at him and said, I think Brendan is only 2 and you know which school I wanna send him to!!
Won't you consider Fushing? We won't have to ballot, we can 'pull strings' and get Brendan in there... Since you want to send him to TES, why don't you consider TAS? TAS is better!!
TES kids are more well-behaved and well-mannered and I like the education there!
TAS is for foreign passport holders only! Those who can't get into TAS go to TES, so TAS is 'better' and it's more exclusive."


Ok, here're talking about sending Brendan to a private school, spending about $100,000-$200,000ntd a semester!! When all I really want is for B to have the basic foundation of Chinese and then we'll leave Taiwan when he's grade 3 to get away from the 'stressful' education system in Asia. Enough of private education, think I'll just send B to a public school to learn his Chinese.

Oh well, now... in selecting a kindergarten or a nursery first. Full day or half day? Is there one that starts in the afternoon??

2 comments:

Rachel said...

What a coincidence! I just wrapped up an assignment on the type of quality indicators to consider for preschool. I posted an article on my blog just on this topic, http://parachutetime.blogspot.com

Brendan Chiang said...

we were actually talking bout elementary school babe. :)